It's tricky to find cost-effective, filling and slimming world-friendly savoury foods. Slimming World curry loaf is one of those wonderful loopholes. You'll find the main ingredient Chickpea Dahl in most well-known supermarkets for about £1 / €1.50 per tin. Syn values will vary for each, but here are some common ones:
Aldi Bilash Chickpea Dahl, 1.5 syns per 400g can
Asda Chosen by you Chickpea Dahl, 2 syns per 400g can
Tesco Chickpea Dahl, 1.5 syns per 400g can
Mazadar Chickpea Dahl, 400g Can, Free
The entire loaf made as below is 3.5 syns. Very handy for lunch or a snack, and will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.
- A 400g tin of chickpea dahl (I used Aldi Bilash Vegetable Chickpea Dahl 1.5 syns per can)
- 100g pack of curry rice (I used Erin Curry Rice for 2 syns a packet)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Cook up the rice as directed, or until water has been absorbed.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl
- Add rice and chickpea dahl to the eggs and mix everything
- Spray a loaf tin with Frylight and pour in the mixture
- Bake for 35-40 mins at 200 Degrees.
For a Syn Free Curry Loaf, use the Mazadar Chickpea Dahl (available in Morrisons and Home Bargains) and Bachelors Curry Rice - both are free!