- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tin of mixed beans
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500mls vegetable stock
- 1/2 inch root ginger, sliced
- 1 tbsp Chilli flakes
- 1 large carrot
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1/2 turnip, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight, and saute the onions, garlic, turnip, leeks and carrot for about 3-5 minutes on a medium heat until softenend.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes to the pan and lower the heat.
- Drain the mixed beans before adding to the pan. Allow 3 more minutes to simmer
- Transfer the contents of the frying pan to a saucepan, add the stock, ginger and chilli flakes. Bring to boil and then allow to simmer for 10 mins
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve!
- Blitzin a blender for a smoother soup
- This will keep for up to a week in the fridge, or a month in the freezer
- To turn this into a more substantial meal, why not add some pasta or potatoes to the final boil.