I don't know about you lot, but I love anything "Oaty". You're talkin' flapjacks, hobnobs, porridge, muesli - get in my tummy! Furthermore, oats - when not doused in sugar and butter - are actually incredibly good for us. They are known as one of the best "complex carbohydrates" - meaning it takes longer for the body to release the sugar contained in them. This is great news for us, as we are less prone to sugar cravings this way and you will feel fuller for longer!
They are also cheap as chips. My favourite brand is the one you can get in Aldi - "Kavanaghs Organic Porridge Oats" - €1.69 for a KILO of the stuff. A kilo! Enough to sort you out for breakfast for a month!
- 70g porridge oats (unsweetened)
- 2 eggs
- 50g powdered sweetener (or sweet freedom syrup as a alternative, 6 teaspoons for 3 syns)
- 2 drops of vanilla essence
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger or cinnamon for a kick!
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Spray a baking tray with frylight
- Divide the mixture into 12 or so onto the tray, allowing enough space to expand a little
- Bake at 15 mins at 180 Degrees, turning after 10 minutes
- Allow to cool and enjoy!