Nothing says "party" like a confetti cupcake, and while these are perfect for a party there is nothing stopping you creating them for any special occasion... for example - a Tuesday night :) At just 3 syns for a decent sized cupcake, we can enjoy a few with a cuppa and still have syns left over for the day.8 Servings
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 muller light yoghurt (strawberry adds a lovely sweetness)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 20g "Chocolate Jazzies" (Lidl)
- 50g plain flour
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 100g Quark
- 1 teaspoon Salted Caramel Essence
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener
For the icing:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Separate eggs and leave the whites aside. Mix the egg yolks, vanilla essence, muller light and sweetener.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa into the egg mixture and mix well
- Whisk the egg whites until they are fluffy and form soft peaks. Fold into the mixture gradually, aiming to keep the volume
- Pop some cupcake liners into a cupcake tray
- Pour the mixture gently into the liners and pop in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the icing ingredients together and add to a piping bag
- Take out the cupcakes and allow them to cool
- Decorate the cupcakes. Garnish with chocolate jazzies.