Survival is all about being prepared. Life will throw many curveballs that will tempt us to stray from your plan. For example, an evening at the cinema -- The pick and mix is a sight to behold and will tempt anyone with a sweet-tooth. EXCEPT if you already have a big bag of slimming world friendly jellies stashed in your handbag! So thats where this recipe comes in.
- 2 sachets of sugar free jelly crystals
- 2 sachets of powdered gelatine
- 1 muller light, any flavour (but I recommend vanilla or banana custard
- 1/2 pint of boiling water
- Add the gelatine and jelly crystals to the boiling water and stir well
- Pour two thirds of the jelly mix into a silicon mould. (You can either use one large flat mould or a mould with individual shapes. Either way, fill about 2/3 deep)
- Put in the fridge to set as per pack instructions or until firm
- Mix the remainder of the jelly mix with the muller light and add to the top layer of the set jelly.
- Pop back in the fridge and allow to set
- If using one large silicon mould, using a knife cut into portions.
You can get a mould like this one from Amazon for optimum aesthetics (there are also teddy bear and other shapes available), although any silicon mould will work.