This is a hearty little number, perfect for a Sunday brunch or one of those mornings when you are in the mood to make a more special breakfast. For those who have a really sweet tooth, the bread and egg are dominant in flavour so it may be worth adding more sweetener if desired. half of the bake is a mere 2 syns when using your healthy B allowance!
- 150g berries of choice (1.5 syns cooked)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 muller light, vanilla or other flavour
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- small cup skimmed milk - 3.5 syns
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread (from a 400g loaf)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the vanilla essence, cinnamon, muller light, milk and sweetener and mix well.
- Slice the bread into small squares
- Spray an ovenproof dish with frylight and place the bread into the dish.
- Pour the mix on top of the bread and make sure everything is well dunked!
- Cover and allow to soak for 20 mins
- Scatter the berries on top and bake for 20-30 minutes.