I've done it. I've finally done it. I've found a way to enjoy turkey mince. It is one of the leanest meats out there and quite inexpensive, so this is great progress for the slimming world journey. You can get 350g of turkey mince in Lidl or Aldi for about £2.50 / €3. This makes 4 burgers, so its very good value.
- 350g Ground Turkey Mince
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 1 tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Cajun Powder
- Lettuce and Tomato to garnish
- Whisk egg in a bowl
- Add the salt, pepper, herbs and spices
- Add in the chopped onion (if using) and turkey to the egg mixture and mix well. (I use a potato masher to get some juices from the onion, and to make sure everything is well combined)
- Using your hands, scoop up a quarter of the mixture and form a ball shape (Note, its a bit gooey at this stage - wear gloves if you need to)
- Pop the rounded mixture onto a heated frying pan and flatten it using a spatula.
- Repeat for the remaining mixture.
- Allow about 8 minutes to cook each side or until fully cooked throughout
These are nice without bread, but why not add an asda wholemeal sandwich bap (42g) as healthy B! You can also make cloud bread if you want to save syns.