Yay for Pancake Tuesday! I am always glad of an excuse to eat a Simpsons-style stack of pancakes and this year will be be no exception :)
You needn't use up a ton of syns for this, with these options available to you. Enjoy!
Option 1: Syn Free / No Healthy B usage
Makes 2 pancakes
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- Fry Light
1. Whisk egg and in a bowl until you see soft peaks forming.
2. Stir in vanilla essence and mix well
3. Spray a pan with frylight
4. Pour half the mixture into a frying pan and fry for about 3 mins each side.
5. Serve with a topping of your choice
Option 2: Syn Free with Hex B usage
Makes 4 pancakes
- 35g porridge oats (organic are nicer in my opinion)
- 1/2 muller light yoghurt (vanilla or banana custard are the job!)
- 2 eggs
1. Mix the porridge oats and frylight and leave in the fridge overnight. They need time to - quite literally - bond :)
2. The following day, whisk two eggs until you are seeing soft peaks forming. add to the oat mixture
3. Spray a pan with frylight, and pour about 1/2 of the mixture into the pan. Fry for 4-5 mins each side.
OPTION 3: "Tweak" Recipe - 2.5 syns per pancake
Makes 2 pancakes:
- 1 banana
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
1. Mash the banana (5 syns as it is mashed)
2. Whisk two eggs until you are seeing soft peaks forming. Add your pinch of cinnamon
3. Spray a pan with frylight, and pour about 1/2 of the mixture into the pan. Fry for 1-2 mins each side. Repeat!
- 100ml of Creamfields light dairy cream (click for pic) - 2 1/2 syns
1 tbsp Maple Syrup - 2 syns
- Choc Shot, all flavours - 0.5 syns
- see this page for a reminder !
I'm drooling in advance... Whichever way you choose to make your pancakes, enjoy thoroughly :) Emma x