We're in the thick of Autumn and some might be tucking into their pumpkin pies. Im more interested in the cousin of the pumpkin - the butternut squash!
i also have been wanting to try out a recipe using ricotta cheese as you can have a whopping 90g for your healthy B. The recipe is below if you want to try it out!
- one butternut squash, halved
- 90g ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- (optional) 50g cheddar
- roast the butternut squash at about 200 degrees for 30mins.
- Remove from the oven and scoop out the flesh into a bowl, taking care to preserve the outer skin.
- Add the ricotta, salt and pepper and mix into the scooped flesh.
- Carefully spoon the mixture back into the butternut squash shell
- Top with cheddar if usingand bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
this is syn free when using your healthy extra A, with cheddar add 5 syns per half.