Red velvet is sooo in right now, so why on earth would we want to be left out of the scene? I adapted a typical slimming world cupcake recipe to make these delights. Enjoy a couple with friends, as a treat to yourself, or even bring these to a group tasting to delight the masses!
For the icing:
- 150g tub of quark
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
- 30g Sweetener
- Raspberries to garnish
For the cupcake:
2 tbsp Red food colouring
2 tsp cocoa (2 syns)
50G self raising flour (9 syns)
1 Muller light (I went for vanilla and dark choc)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. In one bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla essence, red colouring, muller light and sweetener
3. In another bowl, sieve the flour and cocoa
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well.
5. Spray a muffin tray with frylight and distribute the mixture evenly into the tray.
6. Pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes
7. Meanwhile,, make the icing by mixing the quark, sweetener and vanilla essence.
8. Take the cupcakes out of the oven and allow to cool.
9. Using a spoon or piping bag, add a dollop of the icing on top of each cupcake. For variety, slice a few cupcakes down the middle and fill with extra icing.
10. Pop a raspberry on top of each,