Anyone that has ever been to Nando's will know how ridiculously good their Spicy Rice is and at only 3.5 syns you can't go wrong if you're going there for a meal.
I was craving some of their Spicy Rice the other night and since I don't live close to a Nando's I decided to try make my own syn free version and I was not disappointed! Recipe and method are below!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
150g Rice of your choice
500 - 600ml of Water
2 Chicken stock cubes
1/2 an onion - finely chopped
1/2 finely chopped red pepper
A handful of frozen peas
1 green chilli or chilli of your choice deseeded and finely chopped
Chilli power - depending how spicy you like it
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Turmeric
- On a medium heat spray a pan with some frylight and dry fry the rice for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the rice starts to brown slightly, Add some water, (just the bare minimum to cover the rice) chilli power, crush chicken stock cube and turmeric.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer gently until the rice is fully cooked and all the water has been absorbed. Stir often to avoid it sticking to the pan!
- In a separate pan sprayed with fry light, add the onion, red pepper, frozen peas, green chilli, crushed chicken stock cube, cumin and paprika.
- Once everything is cooked add to the rice and stir thoroughly.