Porridge. It's not very glamorous is it? But we can snazz it up. All we have to do is whack it in the oven with a few simple ingredients and you have the very respectable and distinguished sounding "baked oats" :) It also doesn't hurt that it tastes great and keeps you full for hours! My recipe here will cost you 3.5 syns per serving, read on for details on keeping it syn free.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 banana (4 syns when cooked)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (1/2 syn)
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 25g flaked almonds (7.5 syns)
- 1 heaped teaspoon of brown sugar (2 syns)
- 2 x Muller Light Yoghurts or syn-free yoghurt of choice
- 1 egg
- 70g Porridge Oats (2 x Healthy B)
- Mix Muller lights/yoghurt, egg and almond essence in a bowl.
- Add oats and baking soda and mix well.
- Spray an 8'' baking tray with frylight
- Slice one banana (or fruit of choice) and line the bottom of the tray
- Pour in the batter. Scatter almonds on top
- Bake on 180c/375F for 25 minutes
- After 25 mins, sprinkle the brown sugar on top, turn up the heat to 200c and broil for a further 3-5 mins to get a lovely carmelised topping
Keeping it syn free:
Forego the sugar, almonds and baking soda. Add banana after cooking for a syn-free alternative.